Health Tip: Spring Cleaning?
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Start with the bedroom
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- An organized, comfortable bedroom helps you feel less stressed and helps you sleep more soundly. So if you're ready to spring clean, do your bedroom first.
Here are suggestions from the National Sleep Foundation:
- Rid the room of all electronics, including the TV.
- Make sure all light bulbs are 60 watts or less.
- Make sure curtains black out sunlight.
- Inspect your mattress and look for signs of wear. Also, consider whether you wake with pain. If so, replace the mattress.
- Make sure sheets aren't worn, and that pillows are soft, fluffy and supportive.
- To keep your bedroom cool, put in a fan.
- De-clutter your room, clearing out unneeded furniture and any piles of stuff.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.