Health Tip: Exercise Your Brain Every Day
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here's what seniors can do
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Challenging your brain helps keep you sharp and preserve memory as you age. So just as you exercise your body, take time to exercise your brain.
The American Academy of Family Physicians reminds seniors to:
- Play online games designed to sharpen memory.
- Play board games and puzzles, such as crosswords and Sudoku.
- Memorize to-do lists, or write down and memorize lyrics to a new song.
- Draw maps of routes you take regularly.
- Read a book.
- Do daily activities in a new way, such as stirring coffee with the less-dominant hand.
- Learn a new language, hobby or musical instrument.
- Take classes that challenge you.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.