Health Tip: Considering Bed Sharing?
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
What the experts say
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- The American Academy of Pediatrics doesn't recommend bed sharing for babies, especially if:
- The baby is younger than 4 months, or was born at a low birth weight or prematurely.
- Any user of the bed is a smoker, even if there is no smoking in bed.
- Parents have taken any kind of drug that could interfere with the ability to awaken easily.
- A bed user is not the baby's parent.
- If the bed includes soft blankets, bedding or pillows.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.