Health Tip: Next Steps After Being Diagnosed With Alzheimer's
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Being diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease can be a scary experience. But getting enough information and support can help you conquer this difficult process.
The National Institute on Aging suggests:
- Learn as much as possible about the disease.
- Schedule and keep regular medical appointments.
- Explore local support groups.
- Prepare for the future with legal, financial and long-term care planning.
- Get help for daily activities, such as shopping and transportation.
- Make sure your home is safe.
- if you still drive, think about getting a driving evaluation.
- Eat a balanced diet and exercise often.
- If you work, consider shortening your hours.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.