The content below is a sample of the content identified at a specific date by the HONcode team that justifies the respect of the eight ethical principles.
List the authors including nutritionists, dietitians and journalists
• Our advice comes from the body of solid scientific evidence on a topic, not the latest fads, celebrity endorsements or individual pieces of research. You get the facts, not myths and misinformation. When there’s scientific debate on a topic, we’ll tell you. And when new evidence comes to light, we’ll let you know about that, too.
• Our nutrition writers are degree-qualified and we talk to internationally recognised experts about the latest, most accurate research.
• Qualified Nutritionists review all our articles, and we cite our sources and references for our health advice.
• On non-nutrition related health topics we consult with acknowledged experts in the relevant fields.
• All content has a “date first published” provided. Where content has subsequently been updated this date is also published.
• HFG recipe writers develop all our meals in collaboration with qualified nutritionists, so you’ll see a nutrition analysis alongside every recipe.
• HFG recipes use easy-to-find, affordable ingredients so you can enjoy healthy meals every day. Cook with HFG and you’ll always enjoy delicious food that’s good for you too. We also test each recipe twice to ensure it works and tastes great!
• Our recipes are written to promote maximum nutrition and comply with medically sound healthy eating guidelines.
(26 Dec 2019) - Link
The information provided on [name of the site] is designed to support, not to replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.
(19 Feb 2020) - Link
The data displayed correspond to only one of the selected samples.
Article sources and references
Brook et al. 2004. Air pollution and cardiovascular disease: A statement for healthcare professionals from the Expert Panel on Population and Prevention Science of the American Heart Association. Circulation. 109: 2655-71
Bupha-Intr O et al. 2010. Are at-risk New Zealand women receiving recommended cardiovascular preventive therapy? New Zealand Medical Journal 123:1309
Chandrasekhar et al. 2018. Acute myocardial infarction in young women: current perspectives. International Journal of Women’s Health. 10: 267-284
Gorton D. 2018. Whole Grains and the Heart, heartfoundation.org.nz
Harvard Health Publishing. 2017. Air pollution: A threat to your heart and longevity?, health.harvard.edu
Heart Foundation. Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection, heartfoundation.org.nz Accessed July 2019
(26 Dec 2019) - Link
add the references - no supllement or drug proposed
Healthy Food Guide is published by Healthy Life Media Ltd, a privately held company with staff who are passionate about bringing reliable, evidence-based advice to consumers. Our funding is from subscriptions, shop sales and advertising (see above advertising policy).
(26 Dec 2019) - Link
The content of this certificate has been collected by the HON Foundation and may not be used without HON's express consent.
The Health On the Net (HON) certificate guarantees that this website complies with the eight principles of the HON Foundation's Code of Conduct at the date indicated above. The persons responsible for the site commit to maintaining its compliance with the HONcode principles for the duration of the site's certification.
However, despite the complaint system that has been put in place and the periodic review and automatic monitoring of certified sites to ensure maximum compliance with the HONcode ethical principles, it is impossible to eliminate all risks of incoherence that may appear.
Under no circumstances shall the HON Foundation and/or its partner(s) be held liable for any damages resulting from the use or the inability to use HONcode-certified websites. Similarly, the HON Foundation and/or its partner(s) shall not be held liable for the content of such certified websites or any other website accessible via a hypertext link or through third-party information.
Those responsible for the certified website are responsible for the content of the website unless otherwise provided by law.More information about the HONcode?
Request HONcode certification!HONcode certification request
Search HONcode-certified websites:
The HONcode toolbar is easy to download and add to your Web browser. It connects in real time to the HON server to verify the certification status of health and medical websites. It does not collect any personal information and contains no spyware or other hidden functions.