Health Tip: Eat Less, Enjoy More
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- A key to successful dieting is to enjoy your food more, while eating less, the U.S. Department of Agriculture says.
Your meals should include all of the food groups while limiting sugar, salt and saturated fat, the agency says.
The USDA offers these additional suggestions:
- Learn the ingredients in all foods and beverages you consume, which will help you make healthier choices.
- Eat slowly, enjoy the taste and texture of your food and pay attention to how you feel.
- Use a smaller plate.
- Chose healthier options if you eat out.
- Feed your sweet tooth with fruit, instead of choices with added sugar.
- Eat more vegetables, fruit and whole grains.
- Opt for calorie-free beverages, such as water, unsweetened tea or sparkling water, over soda and alcoholic drinks.
- Make sweets a once-in-a-while treat. It's OK to indulge occasionally, not daily.
Copyright © 2019 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.